HOW TO SURVIVE A LONG FLIGHT
1. Sit impatiently as the plane is delayed due to technical difficulties.
2. Run the battery out on your phone playing Candy Crush Saga.
3. Watch the plane take off.
4. Ask for tea from the flight attendant. For some reason, it tastes like seaweed.
5. Stare out the window for at least 3 hours. Once in a while, glimpse a nice view.
6. Discover that your flight entertainment system has J-pop. Jam out.
7. Watch the obligatory crappy rom-com, then watch it again.
8. Realize that your flight’s only halfway through.
9. Go to the bathroom when you don’t really need it. Discover that your legs are painfully asleep.
10. Constantly check the time in both your starting point and destination. Get confused over how many hours are left in your flight.
11. Resign yourself to the fact that your flight it pretty much going to go on for infinity, so there’s really no point in trying to calculate this anyway.
12. Arrive at one of your layover points a half hour before you need to catch your next flight.
13. Discover your next flight is another 6 hours long.
14. Finally manage to fall asleep…
15. …for 15 minutes.
17. Suddenly realize, 10 minutes before landing, that this is really happening. You’re about to go to the country you’ve been the most scared to visit. Your heart rate goes up. You get the butterflies. Your knees go weak.
18. And away you go.
By the way, Vietnam is freaking awesome.